MUSIC & VOICES of the Classicism and Romanticism
INTERNATIONAL CONDUCTING MASTERCLASS
Ivanka pri Dunaji, Slovakia 19 - 25 november 2018
Applications deadline: September 3, 2018
We are very excited to announce Slovakia's 2018 International Conducting Masterclass entitled "MUSIC & VOICES of the CLASSICISM and ROMANTICISM". The masterclass represents an extraordinary opportunity for conductors from all over the world to study, develop and perfects their conducting skills with one of the world's most inspiring, supportive, experienced and internationally renowned "new-generation" teachers, the acclaimed conductor and pedagogue, Maestro Luis Miguel Clemente.
A maximum of 12 active conductors will get an intense and inspiring 7 days masterclass, where Maestro Luis Miguel Clemente will focus on performance building, exploring the relationship between personal artistic vision, phenomenology of conducting and conducting technique in order to achieve a sustained, creative and high standard performance. The masterclass offers a rare opportunity for students to work with piano, orchestra and choir. The masterclass will finish with 2 public concerts in Bratislava, conducted entirely by students.
BEETHOVEN Coriolanus Overture op.62 SCHUBERT Symphony No.4, "Tragic" D.417 BEETHOVEN Symphony No.7 op. 92 BRAHMS Symphony No.2 op. 73 (I & III mov.)* MOZART Ave Verum Corpus K.618 (with choir) FAURÉ Pavane op. 50 (with choir)
*(I mov. with piano; III mov. with orchestra)
The International Conducting Masterclass "MUSIC & VOICES of the CLASSICISM and ROMANTICISM" establishes an important connection between conducting (theory and practice), focusing on conducting technique and, particularly, on rehearsal skills. The masterclass represents an essential opportunity for conductors (instrumental or choral), conducting students (of all levels), instrumentalists, singers and music pedagogues who would like to improve their skills in ensemble leadership, musical development, conducting technique, rehearsal technique and performance.
The masterclass will take place in the beautiful castle of Ivanka pri Dunaji city (Slovakia, Senec District in Bratislava region).
Masterclass starts: Monday 19 November 2018 (14:00h)
Masterclass ends: Sunday 25 November 2018 (19:30h)
Concerts: Saturday 24 November at Franciscan church in Bratislava + Sunday 25 November at Church of the Virgin Mary in Bratislava
- Conducting Technique Sessions (theory and technique)
- Conducting Practice (Piano, Choir, Orchestra)
- Rehearsal technique (theory and practice)
- Video Analysis & Interpretation discussion
- 2 final concerts in Bratislava
English (official). Maestro Luis Miguel Clemente speaks also Portuguese, Spanish, Italian and French.
All participants are free to videotape all masterclass sessions and concerts.
- ACTIVE CONDUCTORS: 1250€ (with discount: 1200€)
- SEMI-ACTIVE PARTICIPANTS: 200€
OBSERVERS: 50€/ day
The Active Conductors will conduct in daily sessions with piano + 4 Orchestra rehearsals + conduct at the two final concerts. Active Conductor will get aprox. 180 min podium time (80 min. with piano + 100 min. with orchestra).
The Semi-Active Participants will have the opportunity to be present in all conducting classes and rehearsals and they will have one active dedicated conducting class with maestro Luis Miguel Clemente consisting of aprox. 15 min. with piano.
All Observers will have the opportunity to be present in all conducting classes and rehearsals on a daily basis.
Each participant should take care of personal accommodation and meals. There are very affordable options in Ivanka pri Dunaji that you should reach through booking service or equivalent. After successful application, we can help you to organize your travel and accommodations at Ivanka pri Dunaji.
- You should apply using the link below "Apply Now". The Application deadline is September 3, 2018;
- After apply, you should wait for a confirmation email regarding your acceptance (within 1 week aprox.);
- Applications will be reviewed by maestro Luis Miguel Clemente by received order (Early submission of application will be given priority)
- After receiving a successful acceptance email the applicant must transfer the correspondent amount:
- Active Conductors: a) one payment of 1200€ (bonus of 50€ discount) within 2 weeks after acceptance; OR b) a deposit of 625€ within two weeks after acceptance + 625€ one month after first payment;
- Semi- Active Participants: one payment of 200€ within 2 weeks after acceptance;
- Observers: will be asked to pay the daily fee of 50€ before each session starts.