Applications deadline: February 16, 2018
We are proud to announce the IV edition of the inspiring and extraordinary International Conducting Masterclass entitled The BMW International Conducting Masterclass & Competition.
Settled in the beautiful coast city of Esposende (northern Portugal), 10 active participants will get an intense and inspiring 6 days masterclass, with one of the most inspiring, supportive, experienced and internationally renowned new-generation teachers, maestro Luis Miguel Clemente and the Orquestra da Costa Atlântica.
MASTERCLASS & COMPETITION REPERTOIRE
BEETHOVEN Coriolanus Overture op.62 BEETHOVEN Symphony 8 op.43 MOZART Clarinet Concert K.622 WAGNER Siegfried Idyll WWV103
The masterclass topics consists in:
- Conducting technique sessions (theory and practice)
- Rehearsal technique (theory and practice)
- Video Analysis & Interpretation discussion
- Score study methodology
The masterclass will also held 1 public concert in Esposende, conducted entirely by all active student.
All participants may videotape all masterclass sessions.
The Active Students will conduct in daily sessions with piano + 4 Orchestra rehearsals + final concert with the Orquestra da Costa Atlântica. Active participants will get aprox. 185 min podium time (100 min. with piano and 85 min. with orchestra).
At the final concert, the 10 Active participants will compete for the Conducting Competition, voted by the orchestra players, the maestro and the audience. The Competition consists in 2 special prizes:
- 1st prize > Special Diploma as Winner of the BMW International Conducting Competition (orchestra and maestro award)
- 2nd prize > Special "Audience Award Diploma" of the BMW International Conducting Competition (audience award)
The Semi-Active students will have the opportunity to assist to all conducting classes and rehearsals and they will have one dedicated conducting class with maestro Luis Miguel Clemente consisting of aprox. 15 min. with piano.
MASTERCLASS & COMPETITION FEE:
- ACTIVE: 1110€
- SEMI-ACTIVE: 175€
Each participant should take care of personal accommodation and meals. There are plenty of very affordable options in Esposende (starting from 35€/day with breakfast and 6€/meal) that you should reach through booking service or equivalent.
- After apply, you should wait for a confirmation email regarding your acceptance (within 2 weeks aprox.)
- Applications will be reviewed by maestro Luis Miguel Clemente by received order;
- After receiving a successful aceptance email the applicant must transfer the correspondent amount within 2 weeks
The BMW International Conducting Masterclass & Competition establishes an important connection between conducting (theory and practice), focusing on conducting technique and, particularly, on rehearsal skills. The masterclass represents an essential opportunity for conductors, conducting students (of all levels) and musicians in that it contributes decisively to the artistic and musical development regarding conducting, rehearsal/performance, and leadership with all kinds of ensembles and orchestras.